The Parks Department is responsible for the care and maintenance of:
Included in these duties are mowing, trimming, weeding and raking the above facilities. Athletic fields are maintained yearly and prepared as needed for games.
Additional Maintenance Responsibilities
The Parks Department is also responsible for maintaining and mowing:
- 265 acres of parklands, which includes eight parks
- Athletic field, which includes the baseball and softball complex, football field, soccer field and tennis courts
- Two booster stations
- Two electric plants
- Two miles of highway rights of way
- Two water towers
- Fairground areas
- Six miles of recreation trails
- Water and wastewater treatment plants
For More Information
For more information about the Parks Department's responsibilities, please contact the department at 712-722-0761.