ATV/Golf Cart Registration

Operation of All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) and/or Golf Carts shall comply with the following restrictions: 


Operators of ATVs and golf carts may apply at the City Office during regular hours, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, for a permit which allows the operation of an ATV/golf cart on City streets, with the exception of Main Avenue/Highway 75.

The fee for the permit is $25.00 for 1 year and shall be issued by the Police Chief. Please make sure to bring your proof of insurance which includes your policy number and VIN or Serial Number.

*A copy of the permit must be carried while operating the ATV or golf cart.
 **A copy of proof of insurance must also be carried while operating the ATV or golf cart.


All streets, with the exception of Main Avenue/Highway 75, within the City limits are designated for the operation of registered ATVs.


No person shall operate an ATV/golf cart on a public City street without a valid driver's license. A school permit is not a valid driver's license.


All ATVs shall be equipped with mufflers, headlights and taillights, and brakes. No flag is needed for ATVs.

All golf carts, when in operation, shall be equipped with a slow-moving vehicle sign or bicycle flag at least 60 inches in height. Golf carts shall also be equipped with brakes, headlights and taillights.

Hours of Operation

No ATV shall be operated in the City limits between the hours of 11:00 pm to 6:00 am. Golf carts shall be operated between sunrise and sunset.

*You can view the full Code of Ordinance for ATVs and Golf Carts (PDF) online.